14 August raceday at Wanganui CANCELLED
Last night the WJC Board met to discuss the condition of the track and the recent heavy usage which has involved 3 race meetings since late June and 425 horses.
The club has made the difficult decision to cancel running our meeting on the 14th August and has requested NZTR to pass the licence on to our neighbouring club Waverley RC if that is suitable to the industry.
While we could have raced here the club understands that it is in the better interests of all stakeholders for us to make a diligent decision not to race here in August. The long term forecast is unknown and our priority now is to present the best track possible for our feature day on the 5th September while in the meantime offering new ground to starters at another venue.
It is expected that NZTR will confirm within 24 hours which club will receive the raceday licence for Friday 14th August.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.