NZTR announcement of new venture:
• SENZ launched in New Zealand yesterday. The radio station will be broadcast on the former Trackside Radio frequencies.
• SENZ will primarily be a sports radio station, but it will still encompass a range of racing elements. Saturdays, in particular, will be largely dedicated to racing previews and commentaries.
• Between 8am and 10am on Saturday mornings, Louis Herman-Watt will host The Mail Run, alongside Michael Guerin. This show is a dedicated racing show.
• Between 1pm and 5pm on Saturday afternoons, Mark Claydon (and a rotating panel of guests) will host The Good Oil. This show is dedicated to racing and punting, and will feature live New Zealand racing commentaries as part of it.
• NZTR has committed to a partnership with SENZ. As part of this, NZTR wishes to use this platform to help promote thoroughbred racing clubs and their racedays.
What does the partnership mean
• SENZ has come on board as the major partner of the New Zealand Thoroughbred Horse of the Year Awards in September
• NZTR will have commercials across the sport and racing shows on SENZ
• NZTR will receive significant live promotions across the sport and racing shows on SENZ
• NZTR will promote ownership and provide industry updates on the racing shows on SENZ
• NZTR will utilise the radio platform to help promote thoroughbred racing clubs and their racedays
• There will be opportunities for racing club representatives to make appearances on radio shows to enhance coverage of upcoming racedays where appropriate
• NZTR will endeavour to support all racing clubs in New Zealand on SENZ, by way of promoting upcoming racedays
• NZTR will facilitate raceday ticket and merchandise giveaways on the radio platform
• Three racedays will be selected during the season (allocations will be based on a criteria to be determined in the future) where Mark Claydon and The Good Oil panel will attend the racedays, from where they will do a live broadcast and host a hospitality area